Microsoft has communicated the following in their product vision for SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services:
- Originally SSRS was focused on providing printed reports to businesses. Keep in mind this was ten years ago, and businesses still need automated reporting, but it’s no longer where innovation is happening in reporting.
- Self-Service BI: consumers are demanding an interactive, user-driven reporting experience.
- Mobile computing: overall less on pc’s, more on mobile platforms. This takes mindful development for presentation due to varied mobile formats.
- Cloud-based solutions enabl
…... Continue reading
When working with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), it is sometimes convenient to be able to connect to a database in “Online Mode” which means that every change you make and save is immediately saved to the SSAS database, as opposed to having to explicitly deploy the changes.
In SQL Server 2008 R2, connecting to a SSAS database in online mode was very simple:
1. Launch the SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (i.e the VS 2008 Shell for BI project templates commonly known as BIDS).
2. Select Open off the File menu
3. Specify the server and database name, press…... Continue reading