Microsoft has communicated the following in their product vision for SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services:
- Originally SSRS was focused on providing printed reports to businesses. Keep in mind this was ten years ago, and businesses still need automated reporting, but it’s no longer where innovation is happening in reporting.
- Self-Service BI: consumers are demanding an interactive, user-driven reporting experience.
- Mobile computing: overall less on pc’s, more on mobile platforms. This takes mindful development for presentation due to varied mobile formats.
- Cloud-based solutions enabl
…... Continue reading
Microsoft Dynamics CRM presents great opportunities for the management of sales, service and marketing functions. The platform is highly configurable and robust in its feature set. The platform is easy to work with and is quite usable out of the box for critical functions. However, we found some “holes” in our use of the platform that required workarounds. I will discuss each of the issues in more detail and our resolutions to those issues in upcoming posts. Perhaps our approach to working with Dynamics CRM might provide insights for others. For now, an introduction:
1) Work wit…... Continue reading