Microsoft has communicated the following in their product vision for SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services:
- Originally SSRS was focused on providing printed reports to businesses. Keep in mind this was ten years ago, and businesses still need automated reporting, but it’s no longer where innovation is happening in reporting.
- Self-Service BI: consumers are demanding an interactive, user-driven reporting experience.
- Mobile computing: overall less on pc’s, more on mobile platforms. This takes mindful development for presentation due to varied mobile formats.
- Cloud-based solutions enabl
…... Continue reading
Does your reporting solution deliver one version of the truth, or are you stuck comparing various, differing charts and reports? With a well-planned and thoughtfully executed master data management plan you can not only rely on one version of the truth. This slide deck below was adapted and presented several times to diverse audiences including IT Professionals, Students, Public Sector Professionals, Scientists and Engineers.
This information is based on our experiences with customers and as a consumer using the PPDM. We cover examples from actual experience using the PPDM Data Model as a…... Continue reading
Cloud Computing is all the buzz. The attached presentation shows how we got here, where we are now, and what the future may hold in the realm of Cloud Computing. This slide deck was adapted and presented several times to diverse audiences including IT Professionals, Students, Public Sector Professionals, Scientists and Engineers.
The tone of these presentations was, for the most part, anecdotal. This information is based on our experience as both a Cloud Provider and Consumer. The presentation was intended to be visual and not bullet point oriented. Some notes on the progressio…... Continue reading
When working with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), it is sometimes convenient to be able to connect to a database in “Online Mode” which means that every change you make and save is immediately saved to the SSAS database, as opposed to having to explicitly deploy the changes.
In SQL Server 2008 R2, connecting to a SSAS database in online mode was very simple:
1. Launch the SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (i.e the VS 2008 Shell for BI project templates commonly known as BIDS).
2. Select Open off the File menu
3. Specify the server and database name, press…... Continue reading
The diagram shows the recommended architecture for IVR integration applications. It is modeled on a Services Oriented Architecture (SOA). A feature of the design is isolation of the major layers of the architecture around a set of business functions which are implemented as web services. These services perform the data access and external functions required of the system.
Key benefits include the isolation of the IVR script from any data architecture, business function or collaboration service changes. IVR programming is implemented specifically to perform the call flow function in a pure a…... Continue reading